Monday 18 March 2013

The Son of Jem and Creven: Tale of the Half Kitsune.

  <SLY> VampireCalanon JemHayden (Coran) stops running, doubled over, gasping for breath. Being half vampire had its perks. Sure he didn’t drink blood, managing to survive on human food, yet the hearing and speed was useful. Especially as he was trying to get away from some guys chasing him. He didnt know who they were, but he had a feeling it was something to do with Rebecca. Glancing over his shoulder, hearing voices, Coran take a deep breath and starts running again, his mind closed off from those who were after him. He didnt know if they were Kitsune’s or vampires or whatever but he wasn’t going to take the risk of them getting close enough to find out. He cries out, his floor catching a tree root as he crashes to the floor, cursing loudly "Dammit! Only half vampire, remember Coran." he mutters under his breath, a small reminder he wasn’t fully anything. Clutching his ankle, which he knew was broken, he winced, shuffling into the nearby bush and holding his breath, listening. Footsteps. They were growing closer to his location "Come on, hes around here somewhere. Lucas gave us orders. He needs to be questioned on the death of Corbin. then killed." a voice rang out. Murmurs of a dozen men were heard and Coran closes his eyes. His grandfather was dead? Why were they questioning him? What did he do? Questions flew through his mind as his concentration dimmed, opening his mind slightly "Over here." a second voice, a female, called out as they surrounded the bush. "Don’t ... hurt me. I’m just a kid." Coran whimpered, trying to find his fathers mind, to beg for help ”What happened to my grandfather?" he asked as a hand grabbed him, pulled him from the bush and forced him to stand up "You happened. You killed him." Coran shakes his head "I didnt. I swear. I haven’t seen him for months." laughter rings out followed by a sneer "A likely story kid. We know you were with a vampire, then you were seen, late, but you were seen, entering the Shadows HQ where you killed him." the first voice explained "Don’t deny it. our cameras picked you up, entering, and then leaving a few minutes later." The hand round Coran flew to his neck, pinning him against a tree. Coran’s eyes widened "I didnt. I wouldn’t. My father, he would kill me." he closes his eyes "You're going to aren’t you? That’s why I cant send my father a message. He’s... he’s... and my mom?" "They aren’t dead, if that’s what you mean. It just means that your father has shunned you. Disowned you so to speak. And too right of him too." Coran growls lowly "I DIDNT DO IT!" he screamed "Tough. Our orders are to kill you on sight and we have taken too much time on this already." Coran cries out in pain as a wooden bullet enters his chest, his legs giving out from under him and the man lets go of his throat, watching as he falls to the floor, gasping for breaths. "Finish me." he begs "Please. Just tell my parents I’m sorry and I love them." He takes his last breath, a single tear rolling down his cheek as the images of his family flicker through his head, fast at first, slowing down as the life slips from him. The last few images are of Rebecca, their time together and her compelling him, until all around him turns black and the images stop. The man picks up Coran’s body and he and the woman disappear back to Seth HQ.

1 comment: